Pecan Nuts (in Shells) (500g)
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Nuts are becoming increasingly popular as a crunchy and nutritious snack. Pecans are one of the most popular edible nuts. The pecan tree is a large deciduous tree belonging to the hickory family. A typical pecan has a buttery rich shell which is golden brown outside and beige inside. The kernel occupies 40% to 60% of the space inside the shell. This kernel has a grooved surface but is slightly more oval in shape. The pecan has a sweet, rich and buttery flavor and texture which can be attributed to its high levels of monounsaturated oils. Pecans have a fat content of over 70% which is the highest among all the nuts. Shelled pecans are available all year round while unshelled pecans are available in autumn.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
1. Cardiovascular Health:
Pecans are rich in fiber which boosts the health of your heart by reducing the risk of coronary heart disease and preventing some forms of cancer. It also contains monounsaturated fats like oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants that are healthy for your heart and help prevent coronary artery disease and strokes. As per research, pecans may help prevent coronary heart disease by inhibiting unwanted oxidation of blood lipids.
2. Digestive Health:
The fiber contained in pecans promotes colon health and facilitates regular bowel movements. It enables the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency by cleaning out the gastrointestinal system. Besides, it prevents constipation and reduces the risk of colitis, colon cancer and hemorrhoids.
3. Helps in Weight Loss:
Research has indicated that a diet comprising of nuts such as pecans helps in losing weight. This is because nut consumption enhances satiety and increases metabolism.
4. Reduces the Risk of Breast Cancer:
Pecans contain oleic acid, a fatty acid which has been found to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
5. Bone and Teeth Health:
Phosphorus is one of the most abundant minerals in the body after calcium. Nearly 85% of phosphorus is found in bones and teeth while the other 15% is found in cells and tissues. Besides cleansing the waste from the body, phosphorus, along with calcium, promotes the health of your bones and teeth. This mineral is also vital for the growth and repair of cells and tissues as well as production of DNA and RNA. Lastly, it prevents muscle pain that can occur due to exercising.
6. Anti-inflammatory Benefits:
Pecans are rich in magnesium which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. Studies have proved that increased magnesium intake reduces inflammatory indicators in the body such as CRP (C-reactive protein), TNF (tumor necrosis factor alpha) and IL6 (interlukin 6). It also reduces inflammation in the arterial walls, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease and other inflammatory ailments.